Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day One Marks a New Journey

Day one of this long arduous journey and I almost ran into some problems.  The Internet was down momentarily, but it's back up and running allowing me enough time to put something together. 

A friend once commented to me that I'm crazy for doing what I'm doing, and that it's a time-wasting effort where I could be doing something more effective in life. I kindly disagreed, but it left me a stinger.  I was simply tired of being lazy when I'm not at work.  TV can only fix your boredom for a while so I decided to make a change now. That's not to say TV is the devil and it's sinful to watch TV.  

As a writer, I relish the challenge to write any time I get.  This is one of the reasons that I have to do this.  To develop my craft, I have to do it.  Makes sense, right?  An artist never created a masterpiece by watching Food Network all day. 

Anyway, that's beside the point. On to the meat and potatoes of this day. Yes, it is a sports-related post for the day but they won't all be like that.  I woke up with the Texas Rangers 8 1/2 games ahead of the Oakland A's in the AL West.  I can't remember when they had this amount of a lead at this point in the season.  Anyone who knows baseball knows the Rangers are notorious for choking away the second half of the season, but they're still in first place, winning their last 7 out of 10 games. With two months to go, they are looking great and made some awesome trades to help bolster their team.  This very well could be the year that they do it--at least make the playoffs.   

Cliff Lee, Bengie Molina, and Jorge Cantu have all been to the playoffs at some point in their career and they are already contributing to the success of the team.  One can only wonder if they can go all the way.  I know futility.  I've been a Rangers fan for life and I'd like nothing more than to see a WS title. Only two months to go, the chances look great.  It now feels great to be a Rangers fan, when before it was only good.

This is it for now. I'll be back tomorrow. With what topic, I don't know.  You'll just have to keep reading to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment