Monday, August 2, 2010

Musings about Bacon and Sharks

Lunch break is awesome, but so were the sandwiches I made on Grandy's rolls.  These rolls are nothing more than buttery goodness filled with yeasty perfection.  When you add bacon to it, you have a winner. I'm simply amazed at how bacon heightens any type of food.  Add cheese and a slice of lettuce and you have yourself and awesome lunch.  That's not the point of this blog, though.  Something occurred to me on the way into work this morning.

Why is Shark Week so awesome?! Is it that we can watch a full week of television devoted to sharks dismembering people and animals, or has it become a deliciously sinful delight to watch sharks attack? My morbid curiosity think about random things like this everyday but I digress.

Shark Week is cool, don't get me wrong, but what really is the point of Shark Week?  We're not raising awareness of anything are we? And if we are, shouldn't we be doing it every month anyway? For the people who live in landlocked places like I do, it simply doesn't matter unless a shark finds itself in the might, might Oklahoma River. Just last night I watched two shows about sharks biting surfers and how they survived to tell the tale, but is this what this week is supposed to be all about?  If so, it's pretty lame. Who knows, but I have to make a confession that it is pretty cool watching footage of dismembered carcasses caused by these sharks.

With that, I go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment