Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Miss Guns

A friend "drug" me along to look for guns this afternoon, and I forgot how fun it was to hold a life-taking device in your hands.  I'm no gun-toting NRA-loving person, but I can get that way pretty quickly.  Next on my agenda: get a concealed to carry.  Then get (maybe) the Taurus 9 MM Mini.  It felt great and I can remember shooting with it the last time I went.  It was deadly accurate and felt great as each bullet made its way out the barrel. My friend might very well regret asking me to come along. 

I got back in the spirit of guns when for years I rejected the idea only because I would spend copious amounts of money on buying more guns and going to the range.  Perhaps at some point this year I will get a gun once I save up enough to comfortably do so.  I know there are a lot of people who are opposed of carrying one, but I encourage those who are apprehensive to try one--safely.  Yeah, I've heard a million times that guns make society less safe, but what are they basing that fact on?  I disagree. We do, after all, have the right to bear arms. No, not the arms of a bear, as some poorly educated people I once knew thought. 

A gun can protect you and it is a device, put in the right hands, that can save you.  If you're in your home and a burglar comes in are you going to gently talk him down? No.  A thief has the right to die if he threatens you.  At that moment, throw peace out the window. He's not there to talk. 

Anyway, I'm getting off my tirade only to say I miss having a gun around.  My friend inspired me to look in-depth into other guns. I think I shall do so immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment