Friday, July 30, 2010

Why I'm Doing a Daily Blog

People have been asking me why I'm creating a blog that I have to update everyday. The answer to that isn't easy to answer so I'll do the best I can.  I'm doing this not as a way to be narcissistic or self-indulging. Anyone who knows me knows my life isn't that exciting. I'm doing this because it is an act of self-discipline. This is an avenue for me to become a better writer, but most importantly, a better person. I want to set a goal for myself and achieve that goal.  I've set many goals in my life and haven't reached many.  Like sticking to a diet is an act of self-discipline, so too is keeping up with a blog daily.  I am hoping this blog creates for me a different lifestyle, something I can be proud of come August 1, 2011. 

If I know I can keep up with a blog on daily basis, I know I can do anything from losing weight to raising a child to helping my company become a multimillion dollar business.  Quite frankly, I'm tired of watching TV and not activating my brain. There's not much on that I can really enjoy and if there's something I want to watch, I'll check it out online (unless it's a sports-related event).

There's a lot of power in rhetoric and I appreciate the craft and the skill that is necessary.  I probably won't change lives, but that's not the goal.  I'm going to let the chips fall where they may. My goal isn't to offend anybody, nor is it to be a shock writer.  I don't have any particular subject to write on. It is what it is. 

So, in two days my blog will go full-time.  I'm ready for this. I want to do this--I need to do this--I have to do this.  I may get one reader or I may get a million.  Either way, this is one crazy act by one crazy guy that just does what he does best--be awesome. 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will expect to be mentioned in this blog, i mean how can i not be its a blog of awesome things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six "P" formula:
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized I don't emails when I get a comment. Jacob, you will be mentioned because you're the most awesome guy I know next to me.

    My audience? Anyone and everyone. How's that for a non-answer?

    ReplyDelete