Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life Without A/C

I now know what life in the 1800's and before was like. The past day and half have been pretty hot and dealing with it has been an adventure. What I realized was that I've been spoiled with modern conveniences.  Television, A/C and a number of things I've been dependent on and often take for granted. 

Anyway, I think I've found out how to fix the problem, but we'll find out soon.  Life without A/C is pretty unbearable, but I've lost some weight because of it.  I'm happy for that, but I wish I could have done it in a different way.  I called around for quotes to come out and have yet to find someone come out for less than $100 for a service call.

Thank God for the Internet, because I was able to diagnose the problem and figure out a solution--maybe.  If it's right has yet to be seen. If my posts become angrier and angrier as time goes on, then you know it didn't work.  For now, I'm going to finish up A/C work and move on.

Pray that I don't kill myself in the process--or my wife for that matter.  This is a boring post with not a whole lot to offer, but I have to get back to my A/C unit. Duty calls.

I said duty. 


2 comments:

  1. You should be here in the HIGH humidity. RAIN plus heat means steam bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that also means it cleans out your pores so that's healthy, right?

    ReplyDelete