Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Air Up Here

My lovely wife and I decided to run a mile to get adjusted to the air, but we struggled so mightily, we gave up after a quarter mile. It's uncharacteristic of me to do so--for her, too for the matter, but we couldn't help it.  It felt like we were running inside a bubble.  We walked around town to get a better feel of the air, and that was unbearable, but got a lot better.  For the most part, we're well adjusted but it's still going to take some time to be fully acclimated to the climate.  I'd be remiss to not mention we will be tackling one of the largest peaks in Colorado, in Aspen. The consolation is a natural hot spring at the end.  I'm going to struggle, most undeniably, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  What kills you kills you but I fully expect to make it back alive. 

If I don't have a blog tomorrow, then you know my fate.  No, I'm not going to fake you out by not posting anything on purpose.  I fully expect to have a lot of fun. It's an 8-mile trek and the final destination is 13,201 feet. 

I'm stoked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment