Monday, August 9, 2010

What is it about Fantasy Football

I'm not sure what it is, but there's just something about Fantasy Football that appeals to me. The idea is simple. All it is, is your "fantasy" team of players that you draft or someone drafts for you.  Every point you get is determined by settings beforehand.  Most commonly every ten yards gained is one point for running backs and wide receivers. Every touchdown is six points and field goals count as three, in most cases.  Sounds simple and boring, and that's what I thought at first. 

Now four years later I'm still playing it.  It's fun and best of all, it's really competitive. Most days I don't even pay attention to the game. I just pay attention to my individual players.  The guy who created fantasy football really knew what he was doing.  That ingenious idea has made him millions of dollars. It was estimated in 2009 that there was approximately 40 million dollars spent getting into leagues.  Yeah, 40 million dollars! Intense.

I will continue to play, but I still have my loyalties to the Cowboys...just not when they stop one of my players on my fantasy team.   


No comments:

Post a Comment