Friday, August 6, 2010

Life in Perspective

This evening I attended a wake for my wife's friend's father. It was emotional and powerful, yet at the same time I felt myself reeling.  Generally I don't have a strong set of emotions when it comes to things like these, but I was truly moved, not so much at the service or the prayers, though they're important.  What moved me was the notion of life.  Life is a fragile thing and God knew what he was doing when he created humanity.  There's a lot of emotion wrapped up in life from happiness to sadness, but the end result is that we are fallible beings, full of evil, born in sin but to ultimately serve one purpose--to glorify Him.  To Him be all the glory, no matter how sinful or evil we really are.  Did anyone ever think that a group of evil beings put together in one room can glorify Him? Well it did, and it was incredible.

One wake showed me that humanity is full of inconsistencies and that no one knows the time of fate.  But even through a terrible experience, much good can come from it--even from evil people like us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment