Sunday, September 26, 2010

Politics In the Workplace

I'm not talking about talking about politics in the workplace, I'm talking about the way people manage emulating the way you lean politically. For instance I'm a Conservative (but leaning Libertarian). I manage the four guys in my office by giving them space to work, not overseeing every single aspect of their work throughout the day. I merely give them instruction and they take it from there. Of course I would supervise and ensure that the daily goings-on are handled.  Anything that goes wrong lies with me and I'm okay with that.  Supervision can be done effectively.  The way I look at it, if I oversee every individual person the office with an eagle eye, my day would be spent doing only that. That doesn't become very effective in the thing we call time management.  I'm developing this idea so stay tuned for another (or two) blog post about this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment