Saturday, September 11, 2010

Let Us Never Forget

We all know what happened on this day nine years ago.  It's no secret and that one event thrust us into military, political, economic, and social action.  It was the debate of the ages, but despite the nay sayers or the apologetics of the situation, let us not forget about the incident.  Let us not forget about the people who lost their lives and the family members who have to deal with that every day, even more so on its anniversary.  To say the least, this is a stressful day, even for those who weren't "involved".  In the long scheme of things, though, we all are, and forever will be. 

It's appropriate to remember the heroes and the fallen.  Without it, their memories would be lost by our indecency to forget.  I was in the military the day it happened.  It was confusing because I didn't know how to react to it. Was it training, or was it the real deal.  I remember vividly--like it was yesterday.  Every year after I made it a point to remember: remember the fallen, remember my reaction, remember the heroes, remember my friends and family. 

On this day, I ask you one thing.

Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment