Saturday, September 4, 2010

Norman Needs It

I'm referring to the city, not the friend.  Norman is a "small" city in its own right, but it does have the University right in the middle.  Let's put it this way: you can definitely tell when the students go home for the summer.  Not sure what it is but Norman is a city that needs the football team. I'm more and more convinced that the city functions on the common bond of football and in essence brings together the people in Norman that they probably wouldn't get in other means.  I'm going to develop this idea and write a more cohesive blog on it, but I'm only writing this from an observation standpoint from being at the game this evening. The next blog about this will be cutthroat sociological analysis about the matter.

Norman is a great town, don't get me wrong. It's quaint to certain people's standards, but it's a city that's built by the university (more to explained later).  A common interest in football seems to bring the best (and the worst) in people. People fellowship more and they certainly become different when they wear the crimson and cream.  My next blog about this topic is sure to offend people, but I'm okay with that. I couldn't care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment