Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rudy: The Best Sports Movie of All Time

I had the opportunity to watch Rudy again and I have to say I never get tired of that movie.  It ranks as the best sports movie ever made (by my standards). I don't care if I live in Sooner country and there's a lot of animosity toward Notre Dame.  The movie stands on its own and I get chills every time the crowd at the end of movie starts chanting "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy..."  Of course the chant starts off slowly with just a few people then the whole stadium gets into it and the infamous music goes on and then he makes the last tackle of the game. I almost cry and sometimes do when I see that scene.  How can people not like the underdog?   I cried in Rocky, too, when he faced Apollo Creed the second time.  The music might have had something to do with it, but that doesn't negate the message of the movie.

I'm not going to go into a diatribe on how that's a reflection of my life.  Not only is that lame, it's not true.  I just genuinely like sports movies with a fantastic ending that sends shivers down your spine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment